Contact Information

City of Porterville
291 North Main Street
Porterville, CA 93257
Email Us!

Boards, Commissions, and Standing Committees

Request for Appointment
Have you ever considered volunteering a small portion of your time to be a member of a city committee, board or commission? 

Applications for City Committees and Commissions are taken on an on-going basis and vacancies are filled as they become available.  Applications may be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered to the City Clerk’s office at 291 N. Main Street.

Vacancy Announcements

Animal Control Commission
There are currently three vacancies on the Animal Control Commission with terms to expire in September of 2018. This Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council on any matters concerning animal control, and is comprised of five (5) members with staggered four year terms. To be eligible for appointment, individuals must reside within the City of Porterville and represent a cross-section of the community.  The Commission shall hold regular meetings, the time and place thereof which shall be determined by the Commission.  Currently, the Commission meets on the second Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall.

Transactions and Use Tax Oversight Committee (Measure H)
This Committee currently has one vacancy with a term expiring in May of 2020; and come June will have an additional five vacancies with terms expiring in May of 2022.  This committee was established as a part of Measure H, the public safety one-half cent sales tax measure approved by Porterville voters in November of 2005.  The charge of the committee is to review the revenue and expenditures of the three Measure H budgets (Fire, Police and Literacy), and to report its findings to the City Council.  The Committee is comprised of ten members of the public each serving four-year terms, and is required to meet at least once annually after the adoption of the budget. To be eligible for appointment, individuals must either be a Porterville resident, business owner, or business operator.  Committee members receive no compensation. 

Anyone wishing to serve on a commission or commitee is hereby invited to submit a Request for Appointment to the City Clerk.  All Requests will then be forwarded to the City Council for its consideration.  The Request for Appointment forms are available on the City’s website at, or at the Office of City Clerk at City Hall.

For further information please contact Patrice Hildreth at 782-7447.

Maddy Act - Local Commissioner List
In compliance with the requirements of the Maddy Act, Government Code Section 54972, the link above is a list of City of Porterville commission and committee members whose terms run through December 2017. 

Note - The names on this list are subject to change based on term exprirations and resignations that occur during the year.  Please refer to the corresponding commission or committe page for current membership rosters.

This list is to remain posted until December 31st of each year.

City Government | City Departments | Living Here | Business Here | Visiting Here | Leisure | Contact Us
Web Info | Search | Disclaimers | Accessibility | Home

For comments or corrections, please email the webmaster.